Subject: PROCLAMATION BY THE PRESIDENT: JEWISH AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH, 2007
From: "Office of Public Liaison" <[email-masked]>
To: "Jewish Leaders" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:18:46 -0400

THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Press Secretary

                                                                - 

For Immediate Release                             April 30, 2007

 

JEWISH AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH, 2007

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

 

     The faith and hard work of Jewish Americans have played an integral
role in shaping the cultural fabric of America.  During Jewish American
Heritage Month, we celebrate the vital contributions of Jewish Americans
to our Nation.

     Throughout our history, Jewish Americans have contributed to the
strength of our country and the preservation of our values.  The talent
and imagination of these citizens have helped our Nation prosper, and
their efforts continue to remind us of America's gift of religious
freedom and the blessings of God's steadfast love.  Jewish Americans
have worked to promote civil rights and build bridges of mutual
understanding among the world's religions.  Their deep commitment to
faith and strong ties to family enrich our country and set a positive
example for others.

     This month is also a time to recognize the sacrifices of Jewish
Americans who serve our Nation in the Armed Forces.  These brave men and
women are dedicated to freedom's cause, and all those who live in
freedom live in their debt.  

     Jewish American Heritage Month is an opportunity to honor the
accomplishments of Jewish-American citizens and to remember that our
Nation is a melting pot of cultures.  I join all Americans in
celebrating the rich Jewish heritage and the many ways they contribute
to a bright future for our country.

     NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States
of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution
and laws of the United States, do hereby

proclaim May 2007 as Jewish American Heritage Month.  I call upon all
Americans to observe this month with appropriate programs and activities
to honor Jewish Americans across the country.

     IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirtieth day
of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand seven, and of the
Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and
thirty-first.

 

                             GEORGE W. BUSH

 

# # #

---
You are currently subscribed to Office of Public Liaison - Jewish Leaders as: [email-masked].
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]